If you have an urgent situation which can’t be resolved through back and forth basic email support, or you simply want an expert pair of eyes on the issue, our professional services via remote access are for you. We offer both Premier Support sold in discounted blocks of time and single per session support. Our services are time-based, rather than incident-based.
Remote services are held within a certain timeframe of your appointment time. At your session time, a DidItBetter Software engineer will remote into the replication machine to work on your ticket. Remote sessions may be used for installations, updates, on-boarding/off-boarding user sync relationships, relationship modifications, basic Level 2 troubleshooting.
For PoC Trial Install session or Priority Remote Session, you receive one single session covering up to one hour of remote/phone support. Any third party product support, migrations, moves/reinstalling on new replication machine, or higher level support require Premier Support.
What’s Covered Under Single Session Support
- First time, new trial installations (excluding migrations, moves, ‘start-overs’ which require Premier Support)
- Build updates on same replication machine licensed (excluding migrations, moves, start-overs)
- Basic configuration and diagnostics check
- Basic troubleshooting of Add2Exchange or Add2Outlook related functions up to one hour
- Relationship set up or relationship setting modifications
- Verification of problem resolution, up to one hour
Tickets taking longer than one hour of remote/phone support or requiring multiple sessions fall under Premier Support, sold in discounted blocks of time. The higher the block of hours, the higher the savings compared to buying single sessions one at a time. Premier Support covers both remote and phone support services. Any remaining time on Premier Support after a session doesn’t expire until it’s used up.
What’s Covered Under Premier Support
- Everything listed under Single Session Support above AND….
- Performance of functions affecting availability of service other than Add2Exchange/Add2Outlook, such as server reboots
- DidItBetter Software app configuration beyond what is required to verify functioning (for example, configuring more relationships than is required to verify sync)
- Migration, moves, start-over support
- Crossgrade support, transitioning from one DidItBetter Software app to another DidItBetter Software sync app or our Virtual/Hosted DIB Sync service
- Remote/phone support for Virtual DidItBetter Sync hosted users
- Troubleshooting of third-party products, if needed*
- Exchange Server troubleshooting, if needed* *Evaluated on a case by case basis.These other third party product services may be covered under higher level IT service plans if you don’t have an IT managed services provider to provide these services for you, or depending on the issue may be easily resolved/covered under one of our DidItBetter Premier Support plans.
- and more….
Before Your Appointment
We use several methods to connect to your system. Ask the DidItBetter Software engineer assigned to your case which is the preferred method.
To get ready for your upcoming scheduled session, follow these steps.
Requirements for all Remote Sessions
For one of our engineers to connect to your replication machine for your scheduled Premier Support remote session, at the scheduled time of your session:
- Open a new browser window and in the URL address bar type https://join.diditbetter.com/
- At your scheduled session time, we will send you a code to join a session. Enter this code in the field just below Join with a code and click on the right arrow.
NOTE: You cannot initiate a remote session without having a scheduled appointment and the code we provide you.
Sometimes our remote support app requires exceptions to the firewall. If you have a firewall, you will need to test connectivity prior to your appointment time. If your firewall needs to be configured to allow inbound and outbound access, create an exception for ports 8041 and 443 open to join.diditbetter.com.
If this does not work, DidItBetter Software also supports connectivity through your own solution such as Microsoft Teams, Webex, LogMeIn, Teamviewer etc.
It is strongly recommended our DidItBetter Support app be used whenever possible as it contains tools relied upon by many of our procedures.
If this is a first time, new install, make sure UAC is off (in the registry, not the GUI – see install guide) and the replication machine is fully patched from Microsoft Critical updates and rebooted. At the scheduled time, log in as the A2EService Account or A2O service account on the replication machine and make sure part of local administrators.
Set Expectations with End Users
In general, there is a significant possibility we will need to make end user visible changes to the contents of synchronized folders. If we are performing normal upgrades, there is usually no visible interruption in synchronization.
For major version upgrades or migrations/moves, there is typically a period of several hours where the entire contents of folders which are relationship destinations become unavailable to end-users. For proper planning of upcoming migrations/moves, a brief preflight phone consultation prior to the session date is held to discuss the DidItBetter side of it.
Server reboots are not typically required, provided you have performed Microsoft updates prior to the support session. However, be sure to identify the next available window for maintenance should a reboot turn out to be necessary.
Verify Minimum Prerequisites
Make sure you meet all of the prerequisites and requirements of the DidItBetter Software app. Be especially aware of disk space and service pack level requirements. Product Documentation – All Guides
Check and Apply Microsoft Critical Updates for all Microsoft Products
DidItBetter Software certifies its software on the latest available Microsoft updates at the time of release.* Make sure you are running the latest updates for the most reliable experience. Updates which require a reboot and have been applied without yet rebooting the system must have the reboot completed prior to the appointment time. *Note: If your licensed edition has been retired, contact us for your DidItBetter Software crossgrade options.
Download Applicable DidItBetter Software Updates
Only DidItBetter Software end users with valid software assurance are eligible for build updates and upgrades to new builds of the licensed app. The update or download must be installed prior to your expiration date. Check the Downloads area for the latest version the day before your appointment. DidItBetter Software reserves the right to reschedule your appointment time if you do not have the latest version downloaded beforehand due to potentially long download times.
If your software assurance expired, you will also need to reinstate your software assurance/buy a license for the newest release before your session takes place. Contact us for your options. Not sure if your software assurance expired? Send us a message on live chat or by email, and we’ll check your software assurance status. Note: If your licensed edition was retired, we’ll send over your DidItBetter Software crossgrade options.
Initiating Your Appointment
Open a Ticket Online to Schedule a Session
For those on Premier Support, Annual Support or if you purchased a Level 2 single session, sessions are held by appointment weekdays between 9 am and 5 pm ET (last appointment time at 4 pm), excluding holidays. After you open a ticket online requesting to schedule a session, our Customer Care team will reach out to you to set an appointment time with one of our engineers.
Join a Session
At your session time, the DidItBetter engineer working your ticket will email you to a session to join in order to instantly connect and remote access the replication machine to resolve your issue — and save the day! NOTE: Sometimes our remote access app requires exceptions to the firewall. if you have a firewall, you will need to test connectivity prior to your session time. If you firewall needs to be configured to allow inbound and outbound access, you will need to create an exception standard HTTP ports to an IP address – contact us for more info if this applies to you. We prefer to connect using our remote app for the benefit of tools relied upon for many of our certification procedures, however we can accommodate connectivity through other remote access tools such as webex, logmein etc if needed.
Call In at Your Session Time or Email Back
At your scheduled time, call in to (813) 977-5739 or International +1 (813) 977 5739 and ask for the DidItBetter Software engineer working your ticket, or reply back to the email you were sent and our engineer will take it from there.
We make every effort to keep scheduled appointments, however sometimes a session scheduled prior to yours may run a little longer than planned and we may need to delay/reschedule yours to a later time or another day.
Migration and Move Support
Why go it alone. With technology, unexpected things just happen or don’t go exactly as planned. A little preparation ahead of time can help. We’re here to help make the DidItBetter side of migration go smoothly. Migration and move support is covered under Premier Support for remote assistance on the Add2Exchange or Add2Outlook side of the project.
Migration and Move Support Applies To:
- Migrating from on premise Exchange to Office 365
- Migrating on premise Exchange to a newer version on the same box, but leaving Add2Exchange where it is
- Moving only Add2Exchange to a newer replication machine
- Moving and migrating both Exchange and Add2Exchange
- Moving Exchange without moving Add2Exchange
- Moving to a new platform (Office 365 / Hosted Exchange) and use Add2Exchange
- Moving Add2Outlook to another newer replication machine
- Reinstalling Add2Exchange due to a third party issue
- Reinstalling Add2Outlook due to a third party issue
What You’ll Need Beforehand
- Preflight Consult and License Check. During your planning stage, contact us for a preflight tech consultation to set up a time to discuss the DidItBetter Software app side of the upcoming migration/move. Our Customer Care team will also do a license check and provide a quote for anything needed for this upcoming project. Don’t delay! Open a ticket online to request a preflight phone consultation appointment. If you already migrated / moved without taking into consideration the DidItBetter Software app installed and without a preflight consult, Premier Support will be required for remote access support on the Add2Exchange or Add2Outlook app – open a ticket and request the first available appointment.
- Premier Support for remote assistance with the DidItBetter app. Make sure you have Premier Support in place prior to your migration/move session and anything else recommended from your license check. The average migration takes anywhere from 1.5 to 4 hours depending on how it’s approached. One free license transfer is included for your upcoming migration project for re-licensing the app to the same end user company (value $150). NOTE: Licenses are non-transferable from one end user company to another.
- Migration/Move Tools may be required depending on how you approach the migration/move. If you don’t have a value bundle then you may not have licensed the tools. If not, we’ll send you a quote.
Remote Support Options
If you need our professional services and haven’t yet ordered, select an option below.
- Premier Support
Premier Support covers remote/phone support for a block of time – up to 2, 4, 8, or 15 hours. Premier Support is also time-based, rather than incident-based. It’s not a Use It or Lose It type plan — any time left after your session is over doesn’t expire until it’s used up. Order a block of Premier Support here.
- Migration/Moves/’Start Over’ Support
If planning an Exchange migration, moving the DidItBetter Software app to another replication machine or doing a startover/reinstall of our software, you will need both a preflight tech phone consultation when you’re in the planning stage, and a Premier Support remote session for the DidItBetter Software side of the migration/move. Order a block of Premier Support here.
Tool licenses, which are sold and licensed separately from the DidItBetter Software sync app license, may also be needed if you haven’t already licensed these. Refer to the Migration Support topics for more information.
- Priority Single Session
Covers up to one hour of remote/phone support in one session. Single session support is time-based, rather than incident-based and is limited to 1 hour of remote/phone support in one session. Third party related product support, migrations, moves/reinstalling on new machine, crossgrade support are not covered and require Premier Support. Order a Single Session here.
- Trial Proof of Concept (PoC) Install Session for first time, new trial users
Covers up to one hour of remote/phone installation services in a single session for help installing our trial version. One of our engineers will remote into the replication machine to assist with your Add2Exchange or Add2Outlook ‘Proof of Concept’ trial installation. We will use our (or your) remote access control software to install and configure the relationships while training you on best practices, folder relationship replication settings for your specific sync needs, and also review the norms for your configuration. We will certify your DidItBetter Software sync app install for a ready to go live once the license is purchased. You will also gain a better understanding of our app, and we will even set any permissions needed to make it easier to manage. Order a Trial PoC session here.