Sync GAL to Mobiles
Sync your Exchange global address list (GAL) or Office 365 GAL automatically to personal contact folders for a copy of your corporate address book contacts and for viewing on mobiles (iPhones, Androids Blackberry, Windows phones). Mobile devices sync with your Outlook contacts mailbox folder, but most have a limitation of not being able to sync contacts from the Exchange global address list or from a corporate address book/contact list kept in a Microsoft Exchange public folder. Even if they can, many accounts would need to be hidden for users not to view or access service accounts or distribution lists.
With Add2Exchange and Add2Outlook sync software, you can automatically sync your GAL to your users local contacts folder using the GAL Sync Manager! Global Address List synchronization allows you to treat the Exchange GAL or Office 365 GAL as the source folder to be synchronized one way with selected destination (target) folders i.e. your users’ local Outlook contact folders. Once the GAL contacts are in your personal contact folder, the mobile device’s sync software (Exchange ActiveSync, BES) takes over to sync it down to the mobile.
GAL Sync Uses
- Office 365 GAL sync to mobiles for caller ID recognition including contact photos.
- Sync Exchange Server GAL to users’ contact folders for viewing on iPhones, Androids, Blackberry, Windows phones and any smartphones which connect with Exchange ActiveSync. Users can easily identify who is calling from the office and even see the caller’s photo.
- Automatic unidirectional GAL synchronization.Our software creates a ‘temp’ folder (‘GalCache’ or ‘Company Contacts’ folder) to automatically populate with your active AD accounts, contacts, email-enabled public folders and/or distribution lists and email enabled Security Groups. Use one way ‘source to destination’ mappings and template relationships so selected users will receive the replicated contents in their local mailbox contacts. From there, the mobile device’s sync software takes over for viewing on the smartphone or tablet. Finally, your team can have access to updated contacts anywhere.
- Exclusions support. It’s not all or nothing – be selective. Any account or distribution list may be included or excluded from the sync. Just ‘point and click’ to select which users to sync the contacts to.
- Support for caller ID photos. Pictures (small-sized) can be added to the GalCache folder and those pictures are copied to the destination users’ folders so when the contact calls, the caller’s picture appears on the phone! Your team can easily identify who’s calling from the office.
- Single point installation and centralized management. One installation — no additional software installed on user desktops and no mobile device apps to install. The installation, any inclusions and exclusions are all administered and managed from one central location — the built in console on the replication machine it’s installed on.
- Easy to use. Once the software is installed and configured, the synchronization takes place automatically based on the folder relationships created and settings you selected. There is no user involvement! Refer to our product guide for additional information.
For additional information on GAL synchronization (initializing a GAL sync, creating a GAL sync relationship, GAL exclusions, editing GAL sync relationships), please reference our product documentation. Related topics: GAL Sync Relationships | Initializing GAL Sync|GAL Exclusions
GAL Sync Manager is included in our
Add2Exchange Enterprise, Add2Exchange 365 Edition, and Add2Outlook value bundles!
Affordable contact sync solutions for Office 365 GAL sync,
Microsoft Exchange GAL sync, and Exchange public folders!
- Add2Exchange Enterprise – platforms supported:
Exchange Server 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, and any smartphone or mobile with Exchange ActiveSync.
- Add2Exchange 365 Edition for Office 365, hosted Exchange, hybrid platforms (on premise Exchange and Office 365), on-premise Exchange Server 2016 (all prior versions).
- Add2Outlook – platforms supported: Between two different Exchange servers without a trust or two different Office 365 tenants, on-premise Exchange Server 2016 and prior, Office 365, hosted Exchange, hybrid platforms (on premise Exchange and Office 365), and any smartphone or mobile devices with Exchange ActiveSync.
Try NowTry before you buy! Give our software a test drive for 21 days.
Buy Add2Exchange Enterprise GAL Sync Manager
For on-premise Exchange 2016 and prior versions. Buy Add2Exchange Enterprise GAL Sync value bundle or contact us for licensing options.
Buy Add2Exchange 365 GAL Sync Manager
For Office 365/hosted Exchange OR on-premise Exchange going to Office 365. Buy Add2Exchange 365 GAL Sync value bundle online or contact us for a license recommendation.