Product ActivationLicense Key Registration Request
Applies to: licensed end users who recently purchased a new license and need to activate the app from trial mode, and licensed end users who bought a software assurance renewal, upgrade, crossgrade license.
How to Request Your License Key and Activate the Software
We outlined a few steps below to help you navigate licensing DidItBetter Software apps.
Install the Software | Check for Updates
Our apps are available as a digital downloads from our website in the Downloads area. Download and install the software if it’s not installed yet. If you already installed the app prior, check for Updates.
For Add2Exchange users, if you’re not running the current version, upgrade to the current build by following these short upgrade instructions when installing the update on the same replication machine. NOTE: These instructions do not apply if you are moving the DidItBetter Software installation to a different replication machine/vm, converting from Standard to Enterprise, or if you’re migrating Exchange to a newer version, or migrating to a different platform such as Office 365 or hosted Exchange. To prepare for these types of migrations, open a ticket for a preflight consultation to review the DidItBetter Software considerations prior to the migration/move project.
Within software assurance, you are eligible for updates and upgrades on the licensed solution for the duration of your software assurance term – 1, 2, or 3 years depending on the option purchased. When you receive the license key email, your software assurance information is notated so save it for future reference.
Submit a License Registration Request
After you install the app or tool, you need to submit a product registration request. Our apps are licensed to the end user. To generate your license keys and for our licensing records, you will complete a short registration request window from within the program. When prompted, fill out end user company contact information and then be guided to submitting the request.
Our DidItBetter Software apps are licensed to end users. When prompted, fill out the end user company contact information. The required information to license includes end user company name, first and last name, telephone number, end user email address which reflects the end user company’s domain name (not a personal email address like gmail, hotmail etc).
If you are an outside IT provider and an authorized contact on behalf of the end user, enter your information in the Independent IT Provider tab after completing the end user tab so can add/update our records.
From the End User window, go to Licensing What? to select the product options being licensed. Once you have selected what you intend to license, press the Apply button and it will send the license request if the service account is set up to send and receive email through your spam filter,
If the service account is not set up to send and receive mail, the license address information needed to generate your activation license key(s) is located in Step #2 and may be manually copied (no screenshots) and sent to our Licensing Desk (licensing [at] diditbetter.com) along with the end user’s contact details. TIP: A copy of the original license request is in the services account Sent items folder in Outlook and could be manually forwarded internally to another user, so it can be sent to us from there.
For Add2Exchange Enterprise/365
Product Documentation Guide, view Licensing Add2Exchange section.
In summary, to submit the license registration request, you would log on to the replication machine as the Sync service account, open the Console and select the License menu. Select the folder type/module(s) you’re trying to license. The license address needed to generate your license key is located in Step #2. Complete the end user registration information. Once you press Accept, the license request will be sent.
- Log into the replication machine as the Sync service account. Open the Add2Exchange Console, select License and pick the folder/module you’re licensing (Calendar, Contact, Task, Confidential E-Mail Alert Notifier, Post Sync, Notes Sync, Enterprise Edition – Group Relationship Manager, GAL Sync). Then the Licensing Overview window will open.
- Select View Registration Information under Step 2 and for I am the End User complete the End User License Registration tab with the End User’s company contact details (company name, end user name, email, and phone number). If you have multiple contacts in your organization (for example, the end user contact is different from your purchasing and/or technical contact), select the appropriate option under I Am and complete the required fields for each tab.
- Select Licensing What? button to open the Product License Selector window. If you are licensing the app for the first time, under Available License Products select the options being licensed and click on Add to My License Selection Below which will display under the My License Selection box. If you are doing a license renewal, check the existing items already populated under the My License Selection box which apply. Select Done to return to the previous window View Registration information displaying end user info.
- Select Accept to send your license request. A window will pop up The license registration request for: Add2Exchange vXX.X.XXX has sent your licensing request to …… Select OK to close the window.
For Recovery and Migration Manager (RMM) Tool
- Once installed, double click the Disaster Recovery desktop icon and select License this Tool button.
- Under Step 2, select the Send License Address button which will open the End user Registration window. Fill out the End User information (required fields are notated with a red asterisk *) then select Licensing What? button.
- The Product License Selector window will appear. Select Recovery and Migration Manager (Disaster Recovery) and select Add to My Licenses Selection Below button and click on Done to return to the previous window.
- Click Accept to send the request.
For Add2Outlook ToolKit Tool
After installing the ToolKit tool and opening the app, submit a registration request from the License menu option similar to the steps above.
- Log into the replication machine as the Sync service account. Go into the Console, select License and pick the folder you’re licensing (Mail, Calendar, Contact, Task).
- Select View License Information under Step 2 and complete the End User tab with end user company contact details. If the End User contact is the same as the technical contact, leave the I work with a Consultant unchecked. NOTE: You will notice a second tab labeled Independent Consultant tab. If you purchased through a reseller or need to add a technical contact, click the checkbox then the Independent Consultant tab to enter a secondary contact.
- Select License What? button and the License Product window will appear. Select the app, the folder type(s), and total number of relationships being licensed. Select Accept button to return to the previous license window displaying end user info.
- Choose Accept again to send your license request and you will see Add2Outlook has sent your licensing request to …..so we may process your request window. Click OK to close it.
If you need help submitting your registration request for product activation, open a ticket.
License Key Activation
Once your order is processed and your license registration request is received and reviewed by our Licensing Desk, license keys will be emailed to the licensed end user. Save a copy of your license email for your records since it contains your license key and software assurance subscription information.
If you are licensing a value bundle, you will receive multiple key emails. Each key sent is unique and specific to the folder type, module, and/or tool listed in the email. Each has its own different license key. Make sure you apply the correct license key in the corresponding module (Calendars, Contacts, etc).
Build releases after February 2019 will automatically license if the service account can receive email through your spam filtering system. If not, the licenses must be manually sent and applied manually to the software for it to license. You must be running Add2Exchange 21.1.xxxx.xxxx or newer to auto license for renewals.
To automatically import the license keys from the Sync service mailbox, log into and open the app’s Console. Please verify from within the Console.
If you need to manually enter the license key(s) to activate or re-license, briefly:
- Open the license key email, select the entire license key including the dashes and copy it.
- Go back into the app’s Console logged in as the Sync service account and select License Menu.
- Paste it under Step #3 in the first set of boxes (above the red Box #1 label) and it should populate all the boxes.
If you received multiple key emails, repeat these steps for each key received for its corresponding folder type/module.
Refer to the product guide if you need additional guidance. Open a ticket if you need help.
Basic Email Support
Your software assurance covers basic email support for the duration of your software assurance term (1, 2, or 3 years – depending on the option you selected). Open a ticket by completing a short support request form online. Email support is handled in the order received, and turnaround times vary depending on the number of support requests in the queue. Basic email support does not cover third party product support, migrations, moves/reinstalling on new replication machine/vm, crossgrades, remote/phone support which require Premier Support.
If you’re tech savvy, browse through our Support area for helpful topics including Product Documentation Guides, knowledgebase how to articles, forums, FAQs, technical bulletins, or to initiate live chat when a Support attendant is online (or just leave a message if we’re not available and we’ll get back to you). You can also access the Downloads area from our Support area.
End Users with Premier Support or Annual Support
- If you have time left on Premier Support or have a DidItBetter Software VIP Annual Support service plan (both different from software assurance) and need to schedule a remote support session, open a ticket to provide our Support team background on what you need help on – select I’m on Premier Support and need to schedule a session…’. Sessions are scheduled in advance and held by appointment weekdays between 9 am and 5 pm ET (last appointment 4 pm ET), excluding holidays.We may also be able to accommodate weekday after hours requests when scheduled several days in advance (5 pm – 10 pm ET, last appointment at 7 pm ET). If you require priority remote support and haven’t scheduled an appointment, we will do our best to accommodate you within the same/next business day or first available appointment.
- Preparing for your Remote Session: Review the Before Your Appointment and Initiating Your Appointment sections prior to your scheduled session if this is your first remote support session. If planning a migration/move, schedule a preflight tech phone consultation beforehand for planning and preparing for the DidItBetter Software (Add2Exchange, Add2Outlook) side of the migration.